Business as usual from now on I'm proud to announce!

Tuesday, August 2, 2011

short

I used to chase the demons away with that bottle sitting there
but that didn't do a thing it just kept em in here
the anger, the fear, the sheer ferocity of the ship I steer
sometimes I feel I would have been better suited for the battlefield
killing whatever comes in my path with this sword and sheath

but then I remember this weakness I keep
this fuckin' handicap that's mine I'm stuck in it
Its healed nicely though most wont notice until they see the scars

I was given a second chance at a young age and bit it
and I'm still working on trying to figure out what to do with it.
I'm heading toward goals that seem insignificant in the big picture
I do sit down and thank the sky I at least found her
I have friends, I have family and a good head on my shoulders
please go grant me the strength to hold up these boulders.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a struggle? Thankful with a hint of "Life Is Hard".

    ReplyDelete